Tuesday, October 25, 2011

My goodwill find

Well this is my first blog.  I wanted to blog about my goodwill finds.

  We decided to have a Halloween party and I really had no decorations.  So off to the goodwill I went.  I found a candelabra for $2.00 it was gold and kinda dated.  So I thought I could spray paint it black add some crystals and tapered candles.  So I cleaned it up scraped all the candle wax off of it and tah dah!

before


  
and after    
                                                                             
                                                                                  

I think it turned out beautiful and was well worth $2.00.

Sorry I didn't take any pictures of the process but it was really easy I just bought some black gloss spray paint and sprayed it all over.  Let it try for a couple of days before adding all the crystals.  I used a combination of crystals.  I got some from my daughter that came from a chandelier and some store bought crystals from Michaels that we used for her wedding.

I will have some more Halloween post coming.

2 comments:

  1. Well it all looked fantastic at the party. Can't wait till next year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rae we will definitely do it again next year.

    ReplyDelete